Content Marketing for Cannabis and CBD Brands + 7 Tips To Get You Started
One of the reasons why content marketing works so well for cannabis and CBD businesses is because it build relationships with people. It's no secret that the cannabis and even to a large extent the CBD industries are still plagued with stigma, anti-cannabis propaganda, misinformation and a boat-load of crappy products and underhanded marketing tactics.
That is why this industry filled with people and customers who need to know who you are, what your cannabis or CBD business's values and ethics are but most importantly if you are transparent and honest. In short, they want to know if you are trustworthy and if you are willing to build a personal relationship them. And they ain't buying until they know that.
So... exactly how do you, as a cannabis or CBD business address these needs and give your customers what they want…?
Enter content marketing...
“Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
How Content Marketing Works
Content marketing works because, not only are you showing your audience who you are, but you're also providing them with valuable and relevant information and answers to their questions that instills a sense of trust between you and them.
But there are two very important words in this equation: “valuable” and “relevant”.
What do you offer that is valuable and relevant to your customer? What problem do you solve for them? What do you offer that your competitors don’t? Is your content marketing strategy and content conveying this?
To get you started:
1. Identify your target audience/ideal client and know what makes them tick.
2. Create a marketing strategy that targets those clients and their needs.
3. Create and promote valuable and relevant information and content that is specific to those needs.
4. Map your content to each stage of the buying process – from creating leads and creating buying opportunities, to customer creation and retention.
5. Drive web traffic to your site that generates leads by having a blog and posting regularly.
6. Have a call to action that generates leads. This can be anything from special offers to sign up forms.
7. Follow up those leads and stay engaged. Build relationships and trust with potential customers by realising that interest does not equal being buying ready. Nurture potential customers by providing consistent and relevant information through each stage of the buying process.
Simply put, your focus should be to “sell” the solution to a problem and not the product itself. Ultimately, we like to work with people that we like and trust and your content should inspire exactly that. The strategy is a more long-term one than straight up selling, but so too are the customer relationships you cultivate along the way.
INTERESTED IN SOME MORE AWESOME IDEAS ON HOW TO GET YOUR CANNABIS BRAND AHEAD OF THE CROWD? CHECK OUT THESE ARTICLES TO GET YOU STARTED
- How to Create a Content Marketing Strategy in 2020 for Your Cannabis or CBD Brand
- How To Create A Sales Funnel for Your Cannabis or CBD Business
- How To Create A Buyer Persona for Your Cannabis or CBD Business
- What is a Sales Funnel & How Does It Work for Cannabis & CBD Businesses
- 5 Reasons Why You Need to Create Regular Content For Your Cannabis or CBD Business Blog
ABOUT LIEZE BOSHOFF
Lieze, is the founder of LBC3 Marketing, a leading content marketing and copywriting consultancy, working exclusively in the cannabis industry.
Lieze is a passionate and data-driven content marketing consultant with over 3 years of medical cannabis and CBD industry experience. Working with a wide range of brands and businesses globally, Lieze specializes in helping her clients get clear on their content strategy, creating educational and engaging content, and crafting conversion-focussed copy that resonates with their ideal customers.
If you're ready to see the impact a strategic Content Marketing plan and well-crafted Copywriting can do for you and your cannabis business, take that first step, contact her here for a free consultation.
LET'S GET SOCIAL!
Subscribe to Receive the Latest Cannabis Marketing & Industry News Straight to Your Inbox